SoundCloud mobile uploads are finally available
SoundCloud mobile uploads are now available on iOS systems, with Android rolling out soon.
In a world dominated by mobile, desktop is heading towards fax status, which is why SoundCloud’s lack of mobile upload ability has been mind boggling.
But, after what feels like an aeon waiting for this feature to sprout, the time has come for users to upload their music directly to SoundCloud from their phones.
As stated in SoundCloud’s blogpost, the feature “will be rolling out this week on the latest version of SoundCloud’s mobile app on iOS; Android will be coming soon.”
As one of the company’s most requested features, mobile uploads give users the power to instantly upload and share their tracks wherever they are- say goodbye to desktop admin.
So, want to learn how to tap into this awesome new feature?
Upload tracks from your iPhone app
- Within the SoundCloud iOS app and tap the upward-pointing arrow on the top right of your home screen.
- Select the audio file from your phone (upload lossless HD files like FLAC, WAV, ALAC or AIFF for best audio quality).
- Check that your metadata is correct or add artwork, a new title, genre(s) and description on the spot, and select whether you want your track public or private.
- Tap save (top right).
- Head to your profile to see your newly uploaded track.
- Lastly, SHARE your piece of work to Instagram Stories, text your friends your private link, pitch to press – all from the palm of your hand.
SoundCloud is showing no signs of slowing down; in January 2020 it was revealed that the company’s gross annual revenue exceeded $200 million for the first time.
So, to all the creators out there using iPhones, get in on the SoundCloud mobile uploads action- Android, sit tight.