Yamaha TF-RACK, a new addition to TF Series
The Yamaha TF-RACK was announced recently; it is a compact rack-mount version of their highly regarded TF Series of digital mixing consoles.
Although the new Yamaha TF-RACK is more compact all the excellent features from the 2015 desktop models exists on the new rackmount version too.
Since the introduction of their first digital mixers in 1987, Yamaha had been designing and redefining their comprehensive lineup of sonically renowned desks.
The TF Series is very much a modern rendition of where they started aimed at both new users and seasoned professionals by offering time-saving performance capabilities like sing-step compression and EQ, specific presets for specific microphones and fast, accurate gain setup, all suitable to both small and medium size applications.
The Yamaha TF-RACK offers all of the above plus the added pleasure of genuine compactness and fits snugly into a 3U rack.
Smaller live music venues, a meeting hall, a local touring band or even as a portable house of worship would all benefit from the sonically excellent Yamaha TF-RACK.
The TF-RACK has the same core engine – Steinberg® Nuendo Live recording software, apps for mixing and expansion capabilities – as each of the other models.
Added to that the rack-mount version will ship with firmware version 3.0 that adds full fader views on its touch screen, the ability to add an administrator password, and many other enhancements. Yamaha has also partnered with Ultimate Ears, a premier supplier of in-ear monitoring products to create presets for the TF Series to provide stunning sonic clarity for the performer.
Yamaha TF-RACK controls and features
- 16+1 stereo inputs, 16 outputs
- 1-knob COMP™ and 1-knob EQ™ for fast, easy control over your sound
- GainFinder™ input setup for optimum gain structure
- QuickPro Presets™ optimized microphone, music and output presets that include popular model choices from Audio-Technica, Sennheiser, Shure and Ultimate Ears
- Instant loading single step scene recall
- Expansion capabilities of up to two stage boxes, as needed
- TouchFlow Operation™ for easy, efficient control combining Select Channel and Cetralogic™ interfaces with the touch screen functionality
- A comprehensive range of I/O connections directly on the rear panel
- An optional NY64-D Dante I/O card and Tio1608-D I/O rack
Pricing and Availability
Yamaha TF-RACK will be available toward the end of 2016.
Keep in touch with Yamaha South Africa for final availability.