The legendary Rob Papen is back with all-new Go2 synth plugin!
Legendary synthesizer plugin designer Rob Papen (behind Albino and Predator) is back with the Go2 synth, a fresh approach to sound design.
Those who know Rob Papen’s previous plugins, will know he is well-renowned for creating some incredibly complex and unique synthesizers. Go2 takes on a whole new approach; it is designed to be intuitive and easy-to-use with all the parameters available on a single page, so you can quickly manage your entire signal path.
Rob Papen’s new Go2 synth features only a single oscillator, don’t be fooled though as it offers a wide array of morphing modes to create complex, unique tones.
Go2 also features a unique motion section for the oscillator morphin parameters, allowing you to record in live automation of sweeps, or program complex sequences.
The Go2 synth offers you a real-time waveform view, somewhat of an industry standard at this point, it’s a great tool for understanding the fundamentals of what different waveforms can do sonically.
The new plugin also features a plethora of filter modes, and an advanced modulation matrix section for making the most of the onboard LFOs and Envelopes, alongside standard MIDI controls like pitch and mod wheel.
Let’s investigate the more unique features of Go2…
Rob Papen’s Go2 features an incredibly advanced sequencer style arpeggiator section, allowing you to trigger advanced functions like slides and ties between notes and even different chords per step. Go2 also features a host of unique unison modes, allowing you to tune unison to various chords and octaves – very handy for creating complex chord structures with very little music knowledge.
Rob Papen has incorporated an all-new preset manager into Go2, that allows you to categorise your preset into favourites and other various categories. Go2 also comes pre-packed with hundreds of sounds, to get you started straight away!
Notable features at a glance
- Oscillator Section – The heart of Go2 is the morph oscillator, this oscillator allows you to morph (using Go2’s various morph modes) between two different waveforms.
- XY Pad – A combination of a live, interactive control and also an automated programmable modulation source.
- Play Mode – Arranges how Go2 plays its synth engine plus additional features and settings.
- Arpeggiator section – Classic style Arpeggiator with some unique features, like sequencer mode and unison/chord control per step.
- Free LFO Section – Generates modulation signals to be used as sources in a modulation path.
- Modulation Matrix Section – The 8-way modulation matrix allows you to dynamically alter Go2’s parameters using both internal modules such as envelopes and LFOs, and external MIDI Controllers such as Pitch Bend, Aftertouch and other control messages defined in the MIDI-standard.
- Hundreds of presets – enough said!
Rob Papen’s new Go2 synth retails at only USD $49 (Around R620), check it out at Time+Space.com.