Numark NVII DJ Controller Unveiled
The Numark NVII DJ Controller has been announced by the USA-based tech company. It seems like just yesterday we were testing out the first version of the NV… hang on it was just yesterday we tested it… it was only a year ago!
One of the most compelling features of the original Numark NV was the introduction of the 4.3-inch full-colour screens which gives full feedback one what’s going on in Serato DJ, essentially negating the need to look at the laptop screen at all.
This setup mimics the industry standard Pioneer CDJ Nexus series so that when one is DJing you’re looking at the mixer, the decks and most importantly the people on the dancefloor.
The screens are not a gimmick either; they really do offer all the info to not look at the laptop screen at all. In fact Numark suggest you set your laptop to run normally with the screen closed and only use their screens. Rad!
Numark NVII – what’s new?
The new Numark NVII takes all the innovation of the original and adds some cool improvements to it.
Key enhancements include gridlines on the screens; this helps DJs visualize the beat of the track better since you can see the kick better etc.
To make sure the laptop screen needs not be looked at, the file management needs to be well displayed onscreen and the Numark NVII definitely addresses this with new 5-column sorting options which means you can add things like BPM, KEY and TIME to the existing info display. As per the below list you can use these columns to sort lists too; i.e. sort by BPM for example.
Likewise the navigation between files, folders and crates has been improved with the following;
- Push to Load via Knob
- Deck swap on big button
- Sort by: ALBUM,ARTIST,SONG,BPM,KEY
- Onboard quick access controls for beat jump and quantize on/off
The Numark NVII also sports touch-capacitive jogwheels. How is this cool?
These jogwheels will sense your DJ style when using the platters and will remember how fast, slow, subtle or hard you use them and based on this past usage info, adjust them accordingly. Pretty rad.
Key Features at a glance
Here’s a list of all the BIG features on the new Numark NVII
- 4-decks of Serato DJ software control in a sleek, low-profile design
- Dual full-colour displays provide 1:1 real-time visualization of Serato DJ
- Gridlines on screen enable perfect beat matching
- 5-column options to show Song, Artist, Time, BPM, and Key
- Dual 5-inch hyper-responsive metal platters with search and scratch modes
- Adaptive learning platter technology for optimum response
- 16 velocity-sensitive trigger pads with backlit RGB feedback
- 10 pad modes for hot cues, loop slicing, and sample triggering
- Mouseless library browsing controls with dedicated on-screen feedback
- Integrated BPM metering for manual beat matching; Sync button for an instant match
- Pro-grade crossfader with Fader Start and curve adjustment
- Zone/booth outputs and balanced XLR outputs for club use
- Serato DJ included via download
Expect to see the new Numark NVII this summer in South Africa.
Anticipated retail should be around R 12,000 as per today’s dismal exchange rate.
There is a special micro site set up specifically for the Numark NVII
Numark is distributed via Viva Afrika in South Africa.