NI announces new Komplete Kontrol keyboard controllers
Native Instruments have announced their new Komplete Kontrol keyboard controllers which they say sport an improved layout, high resolution colour screens and an enhanced DAW workflow for tighter control.
In a nutshell the new generation Komplete Kontrol controllers enable you to find and preview sounds across all your instruments, perform, mix projects, and more – all from the hardware.
There are two models in the range, the 49 or 61 key versions and 17 additional function buttons, plus deeper integration with MASCHINE software and hardware.
Features at a glance
- Smart keyboard controller for all your virtual instruments
- Pro-grade Fatar keybeds with aftertouch – 49 or 61 semi-weighted keys
- Ergonomic pitch and mod wheels, plus touch strip for expression control
- Pre-mapped control of KOMPLETE instruments and hundreds of Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) instruments from leading manufacturers
- Full VSTi support
- Tag-based preset browsing: Find sounds quickly and hear instant previews
- Two high-res colour screens for browsing, tweaking, mixing, and more
- Light Guide: RGB lights above each key highlight drum cells, key switches, chords, scales, and more
- Smart Play: See scales and modes on the Light Guide, play chord progressions and arpeggios with single keys, or map any scale to white keys only
- Deep integration with MASCHINE software / hardware
- Intuitive control over Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, and GarageBand. Cubase and Nuendo integration coming soon after initial release
- 4-directional push encoder for one-handed sound browsing and project navigation
- Two assignable pedal inputs
- MIDI in / out
- USB 2.0 bus powered
- Includes KOMPLETE 11 SELECT
Komplete Kontrol S49 EUR 599 (R 9995 – estimate)
Komplete Kontrol S61 EUR 699 (R 10995 – estimate)