Monkey Banana Gibbon Air Bluetooth Monitors
The Monkey Banana Gibbon Air is an excellent entry level set of speakers that are so ideal for bedroom producers and/or DJs on a tight budget and working in an equally tight environment.
Sneaking in at under 22 cm’s in height (two-thirds of a ruler) the Monkey Banana Gibbon Air Bluetooth speakers will fit perfectly onto your bookshelf or onto a small desk.
These plus your laptop, a cool DAW and some VSTs and you’re ready to create some magic.
The best part… they also include Bluetooth wireless technology which means you can actually ‘chillax’ on your bed, not worry about any wires but still get the massive, clear sound banging out your speakers.
This is particularly handy for DJs who are sorting out playlists on their laptops. It can be a grind having to sit (or stand) as a desk whilst going through endless numbers of tunes to prep for a set.
With the Monkey Banana Gibbon Air Bluetooth speakers you can kick back on your bed, or anywhere else for that matter and still get the awesome sound from your speakers.
These Monkey Banana Gibbon Air Bluetooth speakers provide clear sound and solid bass and for speakers with just a 4 inch LF driver they pack an impressive punch.
It must be said though that the Gibbon Air are not strictly 100% studio monitors; but as a first and very cheap studio monitors are probably the best choice for the money spent.
Monkey Banana make excellent studio monitors and this pedigree shows with the Gibbon Airs.
Just read our review of the Gibbon 5 monitors – we were very impressed and for the price and feature set, the Monkey Banana Gibbon Air is without doubt one of the best entry level loudspeakers around.
The Gibbon Air has stereo RCA in, aux stereo 3.5mm jack in and a Bluetooth pairing option, allowing you to pair a Bluetooth device (such as your phone or laptop) directly.
Monkey Banana Gibbon Air Specifications
- Frequency response: 60-22000 Hz
- Amplifier: 25W per channel
- LF Driver: 4 “magnetically shielded cone PP
- HF Driver: 1 “silk dome tweeter
- RF Level: -6dB ~ + 6dB @ 10Hz Variable
- LF Level: -6dB ~ + 6dB @ 10Hz Variable
- S / N ratio HF / LF:> 90dB
- Crossover frequency: 3kHz
- Input connectors: 2 x RCA / 1 x 3.5mm Aux stereo, jack, Bluetooth
- Output connectors: Terminals (to passive speaker), RCA SUB out, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Signal source selector: Bluetooth / Aux / RCA, Bluetooth pairing button
- Input impedance: 20kOhms (balanced) / 10kOhms (unbalanced)
- Input Sensitivity: +4 dBu (balanced) / -10dBv (unbalanced)
- Weight: 5,6 kg
- Dimensions: L181 x W150 x H218.7 mm
So if you’re looking for cheap studio monitors on a super lean budget, but will still deliver adequately flat sound – the Monkey Banana Gibbon Air is a really good option to start with – the price is nice – R 3,978 / pair and they are exceptionally well built with a impressive sound dispersion.
For dealer and retail inquiries on the Monkey Banana Gibbon speakers
Contact Viva Afrika
Viva Afrika Website | Tel: 087 236 8518 | Viva Afrika Facebook