Lab4Music Enjoy is a controller reminiscent of a console joystick
Lab4Music Enjoy is a unique MIDI controller that bridges the analog CV and MIDI worlds in an interesting new way.
Lab4Music Enjoy looks incredibly simple and I think that is the beauty of it, it is reminiscent of an old-school console joystick, of course with the added ability of being able to use the device musically.
The device features a USB port, three hardware pedal inputs – two expression and one sustain input, and six analog CV/Gate outputs, making it a great addition to almost any type of studio environment from live synth setups to small DAW-based home studios.
The six analog CV/Gate outputs are configurable using a web app, four of the outputs are capable of traditional CV/Gate signals, while the other two feature an internal LFO that you can control using the devices joystick.
So, for those older synth which lack modulation options, this is a great addition to the setup.
The Tech Specs…
- MIDI-USB: control change generator according joystick and pedals movements.
- MIDI-CV: control change remapping incoming CC from USB external device to Control Voltage outputs (-4.5V to +4.5V).
- MIDI-CV: MIDI note messages conversion to PITCH, GATE and VELOCITY signals (0V to +5V).
- MIDI-CV: MIDI System Real-Time messages conversion to TRIGGER signals (0V to +5V).
- CV: Control Voltage generation modulated by joystick or pedals (-4.5V to +4.5V).
- CV-LFO: sine, square, saw, triangle LFO generation, with AMP and FREQ modulated by joystick or pedals (-4.5V to +4.5V, max 100Hz).
At USD $299 (Around R4500 excl. duties) it is a little bit on the pricey side, however, it is still a very novel device and I’m sure there’s a bunch of you out there that are about to place your order!
For more information check out the Lab4Music website here.