KORG MS-20 FS is a 1:1 scale reissue with added features
The new full-size Korg MS-20 FS models are available in four colours and Korg are eager for people to know that this Monophonic Synthesizer is the real deal.
The KORG MS-20 FS (full-size) Monophonic Synthesizer is a 1:1 scale reissue of the legendary MS-20, reborn in four limited-edition colours (green, white, blue and black).
Perfectly recreating the original MS-20 while adding powerful new features, the MS-20 FS is a 37-key classic analog monosynth with patch bay, external signal processor, MIDI IN and USB.
The original MS-20, unveiled in 1978, played a vital role KORG’s history as a synthesizer brand.
Even after sales of the original came to an end, KORG has carried on the MS-20 tradition in a mini-sized reissue, a software synthesizer plugin, and even a DIY kit version.
These were driven by KORG’s pride in its synthesizer heritage, its understanding of the MS-20’s historical significance, KORG’s responsibility to faithfully carry on the analog circuit technology that they’ve developed over the years, and their desire to pass on the MS-20’s generation-spanning sound to the future.
KORG MS-20 FS is the real deal…
And now with the MS-20 FS, KORG has resumed production of a completely assembled full-size MS-20, which had in 2014 been produced only in very small numbers as a kit. But in addition to faithfully recreating the sound, feel, and analog circuitry, this full-size reissue consists of limited numbers of the four different powder-coated colour variations.
This MS-20 FS is the genuine MS-20 made by KORG, faithful to the original in every way. Today, over 40 years after first appearing in 1978, musicians hungry for this absolutely timeless sound can hear the genuine analog power of the MS-20.
KORG MS-20 FS features & specs:
- Full-sized 37-note (3-octave) MS-20 keyboard made by KORG
- Four different colour variations in a powder-coated finish (green, white, blue, black)
- Provides two types of MS-20 filter: early model and late model
- Faithfully reproduces the analog circuitry of the original
- 2VCO / 2VCA / 2VCF / 2EG / 1LFO structure
- External Signal Processor (ESP) to process an external signal
- Patching system provides an extremely high degree of sound creation
- MIDI IN connector and USB port for keyboard and DAW MIDI connectivity
- AC adaptor
- The original is reproduced in every detail, including the package finish, owner’s manual and settings chart
- Main Controllers: Control Wheel (centre click), Momentary switch
- Input/Output: SIGNAL IN jack (mono phone jack), SIGNAL OUT jack (mono phone jack, 2Vp-p output, 3.5 k ohm), PHONES jack (stereo phone jack, 33 ohm, 48mW), DC12V jack, MINI IN jack, USB connector (type B)
- Power Supply: DC12V
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 22.56″ x 12.44″ x 9.76″ (573 mm x 316 mm x 248 mm)
- Weight: 13.89 lbs. (6.3 kg)
- Included Items: AC adapter (12 V/1.5 A), 10 quarter-inch patch cables
MS-20 FS shares other specifications and features with MS-20 mini.
All four KORG MS-20 FS models are priced at: $1399.99.
For more information, visit the product page.