New Korg KROSS 2, now available in a limited edition
The Korg KROSS 2 is a recently updated version of their intuitive workstation platform; user sampling, trigger pads and a variety of other new features.
The new trigger pads on the Korg KROSS 2 can be used to sequence drums and other instruments or quickly recall your favourite patches.
The original KROSS system of inputting drums never really did justice to the power of the sequencer and arranger inside. The thoughtfully assigned real-time controls make it very easy to dial in a sound and start tweaking, creating your own unique performance.
KROSS 2 incorporates MIDI and Audio over USB, so you can use your keyboard as an audio interface for recording and producing. There’s a software editor available for KROSS 2, you’re able to configure really complex patches and combinations using your PC, then transfer them to the KROSS 2 for playback. That being said the interface on the KROSS 2 is incredibly intuitive and makes it easy to create layers, splits and combinations on-the-fly.
New limited edition in white!
Korg just announced that they’re releasing their highly renowned KROSS 2-61 in a limited edition with a sleek new look. Packed with over 1075 sounds, from cinematic strings to hard-hitting drums, and synths to lead guitars. Otherwise housing all the exciting features that made the KROSS 2 so awesome, 120-voice polyphony with some insert and master effects built-in.
The Korg Kross 2 limited edition KROSS-61 white will start shipping from June 2018, it’s expected to retail at USD $749 (Around R9400 excl. duties).
For more info check out Korg’s website.
Korg is distributed by Tuerk Music in South Africa, to find your nearest Korg dealer, visit their website.
Let’s have a look at the specs of the KROSS 2:
- 128MB of expansion PCM memory is built-in, and option libraries are supported
- The rich expressive power of the EDS-i sound engine, and a rich selection of effects with 134 types
- Superb sampling functionality and 16 sampler pads
- A panel layout that lets you access functions without confusion
- Realtime control section for quick parameter editing
- Favourite function lets you register and instantly recall up to 128 frequently-used sounds
- Quick layer/split can be specified by a single button
- Ultra-lightweight compact body; the 61-key model weighs only 3.8 kg, the lightest in its class
- Long operating life, with six AA batteries allowing up to seven hours of use
- A colour lineup with a peerless finish that exceeds its class
- Audio player/recorder that can be easily triggered by the pads
- Sequencer, drum track, and arpeggiator to support your song production
- A rich array of input jacks for singer-instrumentalists or vocoder performance without requiring additional equipment
- Also functions as a USB audio interface