Native Instruments Announce Komplete Kontrol S and Komplete 10
Komplete Kontrol S is the new controller that everybody’s been waiting in anticipation for after yesterdays teaser video, from Native Instruments, . The release of Komplete Kontrol S coincides with Komplete 10, Native Instruments’ flagship virtual instrument and effects bundled software package.
Better known for their DJ related hardware such as their X1 or Kontrol S4 and ‘button-pushing’ studio gear such as Maschine, this is the first time Native Instruments have ventured into the world of keyboard surfaced controllers – although it is said to be wholly inspired by the design aesthetics of the Maschine when it comes to browsing, transport cues and the use of multi-coloured LEDS.
Komplete Kontrol S at a glance
- Comes with a software layer called Komplete Kontrol which uses tags for sound discovery (Similar to Kore/Kore 2 but said to be more efficient)
- ‘Native Map’ technology for intelligently mapping parameters to the 8 knobs
- Alphanumeric ‘clear-view’ displays beneath each of the 8 knobs – shows what is being controlled (displays parameter when you touch them)
- Multicolour LEDS above each key which change colour depending on the programme material
- Smart Play Features – Play complex chords with single keys and access ‘ready-to’play’ chord progressions
- The Integrated scale mapping feature can make notes in a selected scale light up on the Light Guide.
- Widely used musical scales can be mapped to the white keys too
- ‘Wrong’ notes can be re-mapped so melodies are always in tune
Watch the promo video here…