Gemini Slate 2-channel Serato DJ Intro controller re-introduced
The Gemini Slate is a 2-channel DJ controller and has recently undergone a re-design by the longstanding DJ Technology company perhaps still best known for its ubiquitous 626 mixer in the 90’s. The Gemini Slate was the company’s first USB DJ controller for Serato DJ Intro but the redesign, the company says, has been done in close collaboration with Serato. The controller ships, of course, with Serato DJ Intro which gives users access to some high quality Effects, SP-6 sample player, Hot Cues, Slicer and an assortment of Loop modes. As usual there is an affordable upgrade path to the full Serato DJ software once you outgrow the Intro version.
The Gemini Slate is a plug and play device so simply plug in, load the software and away you go – and is aimed more at the the beginner wanting to learn to mix than the seasoned professional. Expected SA price we estimate to be around R 3k but with the dismal rand exchange rate, don’t hold us to it.
Gemini Slate Features List
- USB/MIDI software controller with built-in professional 24-bit PC/MAC audio interface
- 2-channel mixer with 3-band EQ, and dedicated Filter control on each channel
- Pre-mapped FX controls for Serato DJ Intro
- 8 multi-function RGB pads per deck
- High Resolution touch-sensitive jog wheels
- Responsive controls with high-resolution 14-bit MIDI
- Midi mapping functionality over the entire controller
- 1/4” microphone input with Gain control
- RCA master outputs and 1/8” headphone output
- Serato DJ Upgrade ready
Since 1974, Gemini has designed products that offer value and innovation in the DJ and Pro Audio markets. Today, their portfolio continues to develop in scope and diversity, providing gear for DJs, musicians, engineers, professional installers and general music enthusiasts around the globe. From media players and digital controllers, to high-quality mixers and loudspeakers, Gemini has built a legacy with passion for innovation and devotion to their customers.