Denon DJ Engine Prime Music Management Software available for FREE download
Denon DJ’s music management software, Engine Prime, is now ready for free download from their website.
Engine Prime is Denon DJ’s answer to Pioneer DJ’s rekordbox just like the new SC5000 Prime Media player is the former’s answer to the CDJ2000NXS.
You haven’t heard about the new SC5000 Prime? You can find out more here.
Stock of the SC5000 Prime should be arriving in South Africa during July via the newly appointed Denon DJ SA agents, Viva Afrika.
Engine Prime is a music library analysis and management application which has been designed to work directly with the SC5000, pretty much like rekordbox works with the Pioneer DJ media players.
It is also a graduation from Denon’s original Engine application which made its entry into the field when the award-winning MCX8000 controller first appeared on the scene.
The MCX8000 is a phenomenal DJ controller which can also work completely as a standalone unit with USB flash drives. The Engine software though was not yet on the same level as rekordbox in our opinion.
Engine Prime, however is a completely different animal and we’re lead to believe it will easily rival rekordbox as will the SC5000 PRIME media player rival the CDJ2000NXS, they say.
We’ll be testing both shortly and will certainly see if Denon DJ’s #ChangeYourRider campaign can be backed up by this new gear and software.
You can download Engine Prime for FREE from the Denon DJ website.
One thing to take note of is that Engine Prime is only compatible with OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) and OSX 10.12 (Sierra) for MAC and Windows 8.1 64bit or Windows 10 64bit for PC.
Features at a glance
- Easily read and import existing Serato and iTunes databases
- Advanced and accurate Beatgrid and Musical Key analysis
- Create Playlists and Crates for the ultimate music library
- Add custom names to Hot-Cues for enhanced live workflow
- Sync ongoing DJ performance data easily back to Engine Prime application
- Fast and effective on-board Beatgrid and tempo editor
- Logical and easy to use GUI layout for optimized workflow
- Manually edit track info and create track ratings
- Supports Lossless music file formats such as FLAC, ALAC, AIFF and WAV
- Tri-coloured track waveform production for frequency based visual feedback
Watch the Engine Prime intro video[youtube_sc url=”4gZSo0x34Og”]