Cubasis iPad Version 1.9.8 now supports Bluetooth Midi
Cubasis iPad version 1.9.8 has just been released and it can be downloaded from the App store.
For those that own the Cubasis iPad version you’ll be happy to know that it is a FREE update. If you don’t yet own the app, this may just swing your decision to consider it.
From now until 1 March they have a special offer for new users – Normal price – $ 49.99 Special offer – $ 24.99 (R 431.00).
But of course money spent is only worth it if it can enhance your music making right? Well Cubasis iPad is pretty powerful and the ideal GUI you can take with you anywhere be it the plane, bus, to the in-laws… basically anywhere that you feel the desire to sketch a track together, this and your iPad is enough to really get creative.
Here’s the skinny on the new Cubasis iPad version…
The biggest news is that Cubasis 1.9.8 now features MIDI over Bluetooth LE. This means you can connect any Bluetooth enabled midi device to the DAW without any cables and they promise low latency. This is massive as it negates the need for any fancy docking station or trying to play an instrument using the touchscreen so it really will help tremendously with the musical element.
The other big feature is Audio Unit support. This too is pretty big since you will now be able to use an AU format plugins directly inside Cubasis iPad. The included Microsonic workstation now boasts an additional 28 brand new instruments so they’ve also freshened up their sound library but to be able to use AU instruments certainly makes Cubasis way more versatile.
Cubasis iPad Features List
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used)
- 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
- 32-bit floating point audio engine
- Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- iOS 32 and 64-bit support (depending on the device used)
- Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 50 ready-to-go presets
- MicroSonic with over 100 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic and 16 Allen Morgan drum kits
- MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
- Mixer with 15 revamped effect processors
- Over 550 MIDI and audio loops
- Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
- Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
- Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
- Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
- Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
- MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
- Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
- Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
- Audio mixdown and MIDI export
- MIDI clock and MIDI thru support