Boss RC-202 Loop Station Announced
There’s a new loop station on the market from Roland Music Corporation called the Boss RC-202 which was unveiled at Musikmesse 2016 a short while back.
This new device seems super portable and is aimed at electronic musicians, beatboxers and DJs who want to do more than press play and cue in the DJ booth.
The tagline for the Boss RC-202 sums it up…
“FINGERTIP LOOPING FOR PROGRESSIVE MUSIC CREATORS”
Here’s their description for the Boss RC-202. We’d like to try one out when they arrive in South Africa…
Perfect for club performers, electronic musicians, and beatboxers, the RC-202 packs powerful BOSS looping and multi-effects in an amazingly compact tabletop unit. Based on the popular RC-505 Loop Station, the two-track RC-202 offers the distinctive look and fingertip interface style of its big brother, plus a host of new features. Four Input FX and four Track FX are available at once, and loops can be saved to memories in real time for seamless creative expression while performing. Expanded foot control and MIDI capabilities are also included, ideal for looping musicians who have their hands occupied with guitar, keyboards, and other instruments.
- Advanced BOSS technology in a compact tabletop looper that can be operated with your hands
- Two simultaneous stereo phrase tracks with dedicated controls and loop status indicators
- Four Input FX and four Track FX simultaneously available for processing loops with DJ and sampler-style effects
- 64 phrase memories (8 memories x 8 banks), each containing two phrase tracks, custom effects/playback settings, and more
- Expanded external control via optional footswitches or expression pedal and MIDI
- XLR mic input with phantom power, mono/stereo instrument inputs, and stereo aux input
- 17 onboard rhythm patterns, including odd-measure beats
- USB for phrase import/export and DAW integration with computers
Watch the video for the Boss RC-202 here…[youtube_sc url=”uFa3ZF6gyfY”]