Arpeggio by Tangible Instruments
Arpeggio as the name clearly suggests is a new controller dedicated to… you guessed it, arpeggiators. The portable sequencer is a simple instrument designed specifically for composing, saving, and performing melodies in real time.
Sine Arpeggio is dedicated solely to sequencing and arpeggiators one would suspect that they should have a trick or two up their sleeve. Most hardware synths that do have built in arpeggiators allow one to program one’s own Arps but this cute little unit no doubt digs deeper into this.
For starters you can chain up to 512 of your own patterns together. Aside from the traditional up-down, down, down-up, & random arpeggiator modes you’d also be able to tie notes, create rests and edit note lengths.
Naturally it has full MIDI capabilities with traditional MIDI in/out, USB as well as a CV/gate-out. Audio output is available for both 1/4″ & 1/8″ jacks. The gate in/out allows one to sync your analog gear.
But there’s more to Arpeggio…
The little unit is also a 2-oscillator virtual analog monophonic synth so you’re able to create sounds with it too. It also has a built-in loudspeaker which Tangible Instruments say is high quality and can operate on batteries or with AC power.
So Arpeggio is more than what it says on the tin! Aside from Arps and sequencing you can take thus little bugger anywhere and jam on it. And because it has USB you can also control your virtual synths on your laptops with it too.
We want… gimme gimme gimme.
Arpeggio Features at a glance
- Create and save sequences seamlessly during play.
- Classic up, up-down, down, down-up, & random arpeggiator modes.
- Chain together up to 512 user created arpeggio patterns.
- Internal 2-oscillator virtual analog monophonic synth.
- Adjust note lengths and add rests into your sequence.
- USB, 1/4″ & 1/8″ audio out, MIDI in/out, CV/gate out.
- Gate in/out for syncing to analog gear.
- Control external hardware and software synths.
- High quality internal speaker.
- AC & battery powered. Make melodies anywhere!