Apogee Symphony Desktop audio interface now available
The Apogee Symphony Desktop is a great new desktop audio interface and so it should be for the price.
Available for Mac and Windows, the Symphony Desktop packs the legendary sound quality of Apogee’s rack-mount Symphony I/O Mk II into an elegant and inspiring 10×14 audio interface that sits on your desk and fits in your bag.
With the Apogee Symphony Desktop musicians and producers are empowered to record, overdub and mix with the music industry’s most respected AD/DA converters and mic preamps.
By combining superior performance, with new features like mic preamp emulation, the Apogee Channel FX plugin and ultra-low latency recording with hardware DSP and Apogee native FX plugins (available at v1.1 release), Symphony Desktop will amplify your creativity in your studio or on the go and give your recordings the Apogee sound quality advantage.
The Symphony Desktop Features
- 10 IN x 14 OUT simultaneous channels of audio
- Cutting edge components and circuit design deliver detailed and pristine sound quality
- A/D & D/A Resolution up to 24bit/192kHz
- 2 Advanced Stepped Gain mic preamps with up to 75dB of gain and variable impedance
- 1 Instrument input with variable impedance
- Built In DSP: FPGA processing of Apogee FX Rack plugins
- Flexible, zero latency plugin workflows: Print, Monitor and DualPath Link (v1.1)
- Apogee Alloy Mic Preamp emulation
- Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4″ combi (mic/line), 1 x 1/4″ (Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ (monitor)
- 2 Assignable Headphone Outputs: 1 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8”
- Digital I/O: 2 x Optical Toslink (SMUX, ADAT, S/PDIF)
- Computer Connectivity: USB over Type C Connector
- Software Control: Symphony Desktop Control application (macOS v1.1, Windows v1.2)
Suggested retail on the Apogee Symphony Desktop is $1299 RRP incl. VAT. R 21,000 (excl. import duties)