Akai MPC X and MPC Live updated with new features
The Akai MPC range has received a major firmware update rendering the MPC X and MPC Live even more powerful than ever.
The 2.05 update focuses on new production and performance features plus there is now Ableton Link support. This is the first time these standalone units feature this and it means MPC users can now synchronize and play back audio in real time with other Link-enabled music making devices and apps (including iMPC Pro) using a shared Wi-Fi connection.
The features include audio warping and time-stretching on the individual drum pad level for manipulating loops and hits on each pad within a drum program, improved Program and Audio editing, Bluetooth® 4.0 MIDI capability and enhanced support for storage expansion/external drives.
This firmware update elevates the MPC to an entirely new level,” says Pete Goodlife, Director of Software Development for Akai Professional. “The new features make MPC a genuine performance powerhouse, and the enhanced connectivity provides a world of new creative possibilities.”
Akai MPC 2.05 features update
- Ableton Link via Wi-Fi – Sync MPC with any Link-enabled apps and devices for cross-platform collaboration.
- Bluetooth® 4.0 MIDI support – Controllers such as the LPK25 Wireless and LPD8 Wireless can now be used to control MPC instruments and kits
- Audio warping and time-stretching on the individual drum pad level within a drum program
- Improved Audio and Program Editing
- Enhanced Support for Storage Expansion – Hard Drives can now be formatted using the MPC
Visit akaipro.com to get a FREE update if you’re lucky enough to own one of the Akai MPC units.