Akai Advance Keyboards announced to include 3 models
The AKAI Advance Keyboard series is the latest range of products to be announced by one of the leading manufacturers of music instruments and gear, globally.
The AKAI Advance Keyboard Series consists of 3 models – the Advance 25, Advance 49, and Advance 61 with the model number denoting the size of the keypad. e.g. 25, 49 or 61 keys respectively.
What is so advanced about the new Akai Advance Keyboards?
That’s what we’ve been asking! It’s a bold name for your product range but from the information at hand it certainly looks like the real deal.
These new AKAI Advance Keyboards are designed to make any virtual instrument seem like it is part of your actual keyboard, in other words it’ll feel like your Advance keyboard is an actual synth.
How do they do this?
Well it all has to do with the integrated high-resolution full-colour 4.3-inch display which provides real-time feedback and control. The screen will instantly adapt itself to the controls of the plugin you wish to control and is said to work with any VSTi virtual instrument. By using what AKAI term their Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software application, your entire VSTi library can be controlled with this one application. It sounds remarkably like what Native Instruments did with KORE several years ago, bur we’ll have to wait and see once more info comes to light.
Each Advance Keyboard ships with a 16GB download of over 10,000 sounds from industry-leading developers at AIR Music Technology, SONiVOX, and Prime Loops.
The Advance Keyboard series represents a giant leap forward for keyboard players,” said Dan Gill, Product Manager for Akai Professional. “Until now, software-based instruments leaned heavily on computer interaction, which caused creative and logistical bottlenecks, especially during live performances. We’re combining the processing power of your computer, the flexibility of your virtual instrument collection, and the hands-on immediacy of a traditional keyboard workstation. The result is a powerful and inspiring user experience.”
AKAI Advance Keyboard features at a glance…
- Keyboards for advanced virtual instrument performance
- Integrated 4.3-inch high-resolution full-color screen with dedicated interface buttons
- Screen provides 1:1, real-time feedback of plugin parameters
- Available in 25-, 49-, and 61-key sizes
- Includes Virtual Instrument Player software for unprecedented virtual instrument preset management, control mapping and multi patch
- Premium, semi-weighted velocity-sensitive keybed with aftertouch
- 8 large, endless and continuously variable control knobs
- 8 velocity- and pressure-sensitive MPC pads with RGB illumination
- Dedicated pad bank, transport control, octave, and performance buttons
- Note repeat, time-division, pattern arpeggiator, and tap-tempo buttons
- Rubberized Pitch and Modulation wheels
- Expression pedal and footswitch inputs
- USB and 5-pin MIDI Input/Output for use with any MIDI capable software or hardware
- Also functions as a standalone controller
- Includes a 16GB download with more than 10,000 sounds from leading virtual instruments from AIR
- Music Technology, SONiVOX and Prime Loops.
Virtual Instrument Player Software Highlights:
- Plays virtually every VSTi-compatible plugin
- Operates as a standalone virtual instrument player for your computer
- Also operates as a plugin within any AU, VST, or AAX compatible DAW
- Organizes your plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection, instrument type,
- timbre, and more
- Access, edit, and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time
- Setlist feature lets live performers switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the
- Extensive keyzone splitting, custom mapping, and instrument mixing options
- Pre-mapped to hundreds of industry-leading virtual instruments
- Unlimited instances of VIP may be run in a DAW
The AKAI Advance 25, Advance 49, and Advance 61 will be available probably around mid 2015 in South Africa via AKAI PRO SOUTH AFRICA