Akai Advance Keyboard in the studio with PJ Morton
The Akai Advance Keyboard should be hitting South African shores around the middle of the year. This short promo video with PJ Morton has certainly piqued our interest in what looks like a keyboard range set to rival Native Instruments’ Kontrol S keyboard series. The Akai Advance Keyboard was first shown off an NAMM 2015.
PJ Morton plays keyboard for pop/rock ban Maroon 5 but has also released his own music, notably the free EP called Following My First Mind on Li’l Wayne’s Young Money imprint. Whilst his musical style is very much on the R ‘n B tip, music producers making house music should certainly check out this video on the Akai Advance which looks ideal for quick production and being able to access sound sources by describing what you’re looking for.
PJ Morton highlights some of the basic requirements typical of what is important when considering a keyboard and as he points out the Akai Advance Keyboard feels like more than just a controller.
- 3 Models – Advance 25, 49 & 61
- Plays virtually every VSTi-compatible plugin
- Pre-mapped to hundreds of industry-leading virtual instruments
- Operates as a standalone virtual instrument player for your computer
- Integrated 4.3-inch high-resolution full-color screen with dedicated interface buttons
- Includes Virtual Instrument Player software for unprecedented virtual instrument preset management, control mapping and multi-patch creation
- Organizes your plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection, instrument type,
timbre, and more
- Setlist feature lets live performers switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the
FIND OUT WHEN THE AKAI ADVANCE KEYBOARDS LAND IN SOUTH AFRICA