Turnkey Music Ableton Push 2 & NI STEMS Workshop
On Saturday 5 December 2015, Turnkey Music and Multimedia will be hosting a double header workshop as part of their Festive Season Year End Event before holiday season kicks in.
The two workshops focus on two leading brands in the world of electronic dance music, namely Ableton and Native Instruments.
IDM Mag’s very own Editor-in-Chief, Dave Mac will be hosting the Native Instruments workshop and the Ableton workshop will be hosted by Gauteng’s only internationally credited Ableton Certified Engineer, Emile Hoogenhout.
NI STEMS Workshop
Dave will be flying up from Cape Town to visit Turnkey Music on Saturday and he will be explaining all there is to know about the new STEMS format from Native Instruments.
The workshop will dispel any myths (and there are several) regarding STEMS and also explain in detail the benefits of theses for DJs, Producers and Labels.
He will then explain the different ways in which the new STEMS controllers are setup and are used for DJing as well as talk about Traktor Remix Sets.
Finally, before a Q ‘n A session, Dave will demo the new NI STEMS Controllers.
Here’s Dave hosting the same workshop in Cape Town this past Saturday at Red Revenge.
Here’s the full itinerary for the NI STEMS Workshop at Turnkey Music and Multimedia…
- What is it and how does this differ from standard audio files
- Where do we get STEMS files from?
- How will STEMS benefit me as a DJ?
- Producers guide on how to create STEMS and how to use the STEMS Creator Tool
- General STEMS FAQ covered with demonstrations where applicable
- What software and gear will work with STEMS
STEMS Hardware and Software
- How to setup STEMS in Traktor PRO 2
- What Controllers work with STEMS
- Which controller is best for me?
- Live demo of how each of the NI STEMS Controllers works with STEMS and how they differ
- Kontrol S8
- Kontrol D2
- Kontrol S5
- Kontrol F1
- REMIX Decks – a brief look at REMIX decks and how these work with the new STEMS Controllers
- The future of STEMS
- Discussion on Audio Quality and flexibility of the file format
- Open to the Floor – Questions answered
Introducing Ableton Push 2, Ableton Live 9.5 and Link!
Emile Hoogenhout is one of only 4 South African producers who are internationally accredited Certified Ableton Trainers.
On Saturday at Turnkey Music he will be demonstrating the new Ableton Push 2 controller, explaining all the new and exciting features in Ableton Live 9.5 and also explaining and hopefully demonstrating the very exciting new Link app that Ableton have recently released.
Several weeks back IDM Mag assisted with the same workshop in Cape Town at Red Revenge hosted by Cape Town based Ableton Certified Engineer, Thomas Glendinning who proceeded to sample four records and turn these samples into a pretty awesome track.
The workshop was extremely well put together and we’re pretty sure the Joburg leg at Turnkey Music will be as informative and well done.
Both are not to missed and form part of what promises to be a bumper Saturday at Turnkey Music and Media Technologies.
- When:5 December 2015
- Where: Turnkey Music & Multimedia
- Shop 2a, Commercial City, Cnr Malibongwe and Tungsten drive, Strijdom Park
- Tel: 011 792 8272
- Please click HERE to RSVP and book your spot.