The Roland SPD-SX will enhance your live performance
Whether your vibe is traditional rock or dirty drum ‘n bass, the SPD-SX is definitely an instrument that will enhance either your live performance or your production armoury… or both!
If you’re a drummer the SPD-SX is a no-brainer. The expressive playability, the expansive soundest and powerfully intuitive sampling (with up to 3 hours of onboard sampling) simply adds an immense amount of sounds you can trigger from behind your kit.
If you’re a keyboard player or percussionist the SPD-SX serves up 6 pads to trigger any weird and wonderful sound samples you like.
For electronic music producers, the live performance aspect to playing one’s music out onstage is always a challenge. The SPD-SX is the ideal instrument to add that live element by triggering MIDI synced samples via the pads during playback of your latest productions. Just watch that dancefloor respond when they can actually see you triggering samples in real time!
In a nutshell the SPD-SX is the perfect addition to any acoustic or electronic drum kit, percussion setup, DJ booth, or keyboard rig.
It’s also the ideal piece of gear in the recording studio, pre-production suite or home production studio. With an immense array of features that make it both a great instrument to play and to use for production work, the SPD-SX is a one-of-a-kind musical tool.
There’s actually nothing else quite like it in the market, which is why we believe it really can give musicians and live electronic music producers an edge.
What makes the SPD-SX unique?
- Absolutely rock solid and reliable, this piece of gear compliments every setup in its versatility and flexibility
- Sample anything via 1/8” Aux directly into the unit or manage your entire bank via connection to a PC
- Back up your entire SPD-SX on a flash drive and import YOUR kits onto any SPD-SX in minutes.
- Flexible audio routing options via 3 stereo outputs leaves you in control
- Doubles up as a versatile MIDI controller
- 4 GB internal memory, enabling loads of sampling, backing tracks and one shots
- Nine velocity-sensitive rubber pads, two external dual-trigger inputs
- Three units of multi-effects onboard, with two real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons
- Individual Pad Dynamics indicators show pad status and audio-level activity during performance
- Expanded USB functionality (USB Mass Storage, USB MIDI/AUDIO, USB Memory)
- Wave Manager software included for easily importing, assigning, and organizing samples
- Large backlit LCD
If you’re looking to create an impact and add some flavour to your live act, the SPD-SX will certainly do that.
Watch Roland Artist Craig Blundell drop a beat with his Roland V-drums and SPD-SX:
Some familiar faces you’ll see around town banging on their SPD-SX Sampling Pad: