Roland JD-XA – An Analog/Digital Beast of a Synth
The Roland JD-XA is a no compromise synthesizer that offers genuine analogue synthesis but does not neglect the fiery world of digital either.
The word ‘beast’ is no exaggeration when it comes to the features and synth engines the Roland JD-XA has under the hood.
BUY THE Roland JD-XA
Roland JD-XA features at a glance
- Advanced synthesizer with independent analog and digital sound engines
- Discrete analog synth engine (four parts) with 2 x OSC, Filter, Amp, 4 x Env (2 x Pitch, Filter, Amp), and 2 x LFO per voice plus Analog Dry Out for raw signal output
- Analog filter section features 4-Pole, transistor-ladder, and multi-mode (LPF/HPF/BPF) filters with supremely smooth, natural response to knob movements
- OSC section includes Cross Mod, Ring Mod, and OSC Sync, all of which can be used simultaneously
- LFO rate covers a wide range from ultra-slow to ultra-fast
- Incredibly fast attack envelope time
- Separate digital section built around SuperNATURAL synth engine (four parts, 64 voices) that’s compatible with INTEGRA-7 sound libraries from Roland’s online Axial sound portal
- Digital parts can be routed through the analog filter section for warm, organic results
- Comprehensive effects with MFX for all parts plus five system effects (Reverb, TFX1, TFX2, Delay, and Master EQ)
- Flexible routing options for highly creative sound design
- Intuitive 16-track pattern sequencer (8 tracks for internal parts, 8 tracks for external parts) for fast creation of songs and loops
- Onboard USB, MIDI, and CV/GATE interfaces plus flexible MIDI control functionality make the JD-XA the ideal centre piece for live performance and music production
- Mic input allows you to modulate synth sounds with your voice and explore classic Vocoder functionality
- Plenty of backlit knobs, sliders, and controllers for hands-on sound shaping
Best of both worlds
The Roland JD-XA serves up the best of both worlds and you are able to combine both analog and digital synthesis into one sound set essentially making your creative possibilities endless.
If you can tweak it you can create it. The analog section has a 4-part engine and the digital side uses Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL technology to power a separate 4-part, 64-voice digital sound engine.
Combine these, then tweak those analog filters, get stuck into the 29 TFCX processor effects and the 67 different types of effects from the MFX processor which can be applied separately to the digital or analog parts and you have endless power to create unique sounds at your fingertips.
When creativity hits
When creativity strikes and you can hear your next opus, simply start laying down a track with the 16-track pattern sequencer without even plugging into a computer. The sequencer on the Roland JD-XA provides you with eight tracks for internal parts and eight tracks for external sources, allowing you to build sequences and loops quickly and easily. You can use the real-time recording mode on the Roland JD-XA to lay down your parts linearly or use its step-recording mode to create your parts step by step. Whichever way you prefer the Roland JD-XA lets you create music instantly.
BUY THE Roland JD-XA
Watch 10 covers in 10 minutes on the Roland JD-XA[youtube_sc url=”xrwB-qu-ASQ”]