The first annual Massive White Paper has been written by Wall Street veteran John Langdon (from Kalm Kaoz) and his company Massive Advisors, LLC. Despite its growing popularity worldwide, studies regarding the macroeconomic impact of EDM are rare.
The Massive White paper is not only unique but it is extremely beneficial for those of us who have a vested interest in the financial future of EDM and its impact globally.
The findings show that the industry is still often ignored or misunderstood by governments and businesses worldwide – from traditional music distributors, to fashion brands, to acoustics manufacturers.
– The EDM market is a 15 to 20 billion (dollar) global industry with the major players in the global festival market achieving $4.5 billion in sales for 2012.
– Digital music revenues grew an impressive 9.8% in 2012 (IFPI 2013).
– This compares to a 17% increase in festival attendees at five top global festivals and an increase of 33% in the total number of festivals thrown yearly worldwide.
– The attendance at 20 top global festivals evaluated by Massive Advisors, LLC increased from 1.9 million in 2009 to an estimated 3.4+ million for 2013.
– In 2008, the average views on YouTube per year was 15 million. In 2012, this average increased to 417 million, a compounded annual growth rate of 130%.
– Want to know more? Find the full Chairman’s Letter to the comprehensive Massive White Paper at www.massiveadvisors.com.
In addition, John Langdon and representatives of Massive Advisors will be serving as panellists at the forthcoming Amsterdam Dance Event Radio Forum alongside Armin Van Buuren (Amsterdam, October 16 – 20). They’ll be discussing the state of the dance music industry, DJing, producing, and technology and the future of dance music.
ABOUT JOHN LANGDON & MASSIVE ADVISORS, LLC
John Langdon has over 23 years of middle-market private equity experience on Wall Street, and most recently was Managing Director of the $2.8 billion private equity fund Platinum Equity, as co-head of PLMM, Platinum Equity’s lower middle market investment group.
Massive Advisors, LLC is a management consulting and advisory firm positioned to provide business advice and counsel to high net worth individuals and companies. Massive Advisors applies their financial, functional, and industry expertise to identify their clients’ highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises.
Find out more about Kalm Kaoz by checking out the links below.
John Langdon Details