Mac Miller announced for SA shows in October
Heavyweight rap superstar, Mac Miller has been announced to perform in South Africa in October 2016.
He will perform at both Rocking the Daisies in Cape Town and In The City in Johannesburg
Mac Miller is part of the nu-skool hip hop rapper who at just 24 has made an indelible mark on the music genre and charts worldwide. Since releasing his first mix tape in 2007, the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania rapper has released dozens of tracks, mixtapes and albums, selling hundreds of thousands of copies. His debut album, Blue Slide Park, hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and in 2013 Watching Movies with the Sound Off debuted at no.3 on the same chart.
Mac Miller released Faces and GO:OD AM independently in 2014 and 2015 respectively and he has just finished his GO:OD AM tour.
Previously more known for his ‘frat-boy party rap styles, Miller has developed into a way more eclectic artist with a spiritual leaning to his music too.
Rocking the Daisies
Also announced for Rocking the Daisies in Cape Town is the globally renowned electronic dance music duo Knife Party from Australia. Knife Party are two former members of the massive D n B outfit, Pendulum and they serve up a massive slab of aggressive electro house fused with bass music, Dubstep and more. Knife Party have remixed the likes of Porter Robinson, Labrinth and Nero and collaborated with massive hit makers Swedish House Mafia.
SA music legend Hugh Masakela will also perform on the main stage at Rocking the Daisies and SA hip hoppers, DJ Dimplez, Ready D, Youngsta and PH Fat have all been added to the new Two’s Up hip hop stage.
Other artists and DJs added are; Drum Machine, Sannie Fox, Vukazithathe, Pop Art Live, Narch, Supernova, Akio, Warren Bokwe, Ma’original, Mix n Blend, Hadedah, Fever Trails, DJ Lag, Lucky Luke, Edit and Run and SWIM.
In The City
Mac Miller will also play In the City in Joburg on the same weekend which features headliners Foster the People, Beardyman and Eats Everything.
Whilst Rocking the Daisies is a straight up 3 day festival format, In The City is a little different.
Here’s how the weekend will go down up in Jozi…
Friday 7 October: Superbalist In The City AND Liftoff
- Venue: AND Club, 39A Gwi Gwi Mrwebi Street, Newtown, Johannesburg.
- Genre: Electro, deep house and techno.
- Featuring: The UK’s Eats Everything and a host of SA’s top electronic artists.
- Times: 9pm-4am.
- Launch Ticket Price: R120.
Saturday 8 October: Superbalist in the City presents the Virgin Mobile Braam Beach Party
- Venue: Juta Street, Braamfontein, will be transformed into a tropical beach paradise.
- Genre: The best hip-hop, house and urban beats.
- Times: 3.30pm-12am
- Ticket Price: R150.
- Featuring: It’s a secret! Head down to Great Dane in Braamfontein on Thursday 7 July for the artist reveal party.
Sunday 9 October: Superbalist In The City Concert
- Venue: A glorious daytime outdoor concert at Emmarentia Dam, Johannesburg.
- Featuring: Foster the People, Mac Miller, Beardyman and other international and local acts still to be announced.
- Times: 10am-6pm.
- Launch Ticket Price: R495.
Tickets for all events available on Nutickets.