#DJSLETSDANCE bedroom DJ competition could take you to Ibiza
#DJSLETSDANCE is the hashtag you will need to use if you want to enter the 6th edition of the Bedroom DJ competition hosted by DJ Awards and Mixcloud.
Aimed, as the name suggests, at bedroom DJs, the winner will win a trip to Ibiza where he/she will get to play an exclusive set at one of Ibiza’s iconic venues and also get VIP access to the DJ Awards at Pacha Ibiza. This year is the 19th edition of this Ibiza based awards event and the DJ Awards tends to carry a little more weight in industry circles since it centres around which performers have left their mark on the island that summer.
The winner of the #DJSLETSDANCE Bedroom DJ competition will also attend a DJ Master class with Doorly and win a DDJ-RZ from Pioneer DJ which is a top of the range Rekordbox DJ controller.
Three runner-up prizes of Pioneer HDJ700 headphones will also be awarded.
The #DJSLETSDANCE tag comes from this year’s awards theme which is Let’s Dance and this bedroom Dj competition is to find the next generation of stars. Naturally things like individuality and uniqueness will play a roll.
Masterclass with Doorly
The winner of the #DJSLETSDANCE Bedroom DJ competition will be mentored by Doorly with a one-on-one master class session at the Pioneer DJ Lab at Café Mambo Ibiza.
Doorly was mooted as a future star by Pete Tong a few years back and his reputation has certainly grown since. Doorly uses 4 CDJs when he performs and he uses samplers and FX units too so this master class session will introduce the winner to more than simply segueing two tunes seamlessly.
How to enter
- Entrants must be between the age of 18 and 25 on the date of the DJ Awards Ceremony (Monday, October 3rd)
- Upload you mix to your Mixcloud Profile with the Bedroom DJ artwork that can be downloaded here
- Tag your mix “Bedroom DJ 6th Edition”
- Title your mix “Bedroom DJ 6th Edition” + your name
- Go to the competition page on Mixcloud here
- Include a short description of what makes your mix unique (max. 150 words) with your entry
- Enter your mix by selecting from the drop-down menu of your uploads below
- Mix must be unique to this contest
- Mix must reflect our theme for this year which is Let´s Dance, if our feet are tapping you’re on the right road! Be imaginative, express your personality and make this unique to you
- Mix must NOT be any longer than 30 minutes, if it is it will not be considered
- Mix will be accepted on whatever platform you prefer to use, be it laptop and controller, vinyl or CDJs, it’s all good
- Share your mix on your Facebook page tagging the DJ Awards page in the post including the hashtag #DJSLETSDANCE
- To be considered for judging mixes must gain a minimum of 50 plays
- Only unsigned and amateur DJs can enter. Those who hold residencies or are signed to a label will not be considered
Competition closes on 14th September 2016 at Midnight (CET)
Terms & conditions can be found here.
Watch the video for the #DJSLETSDANCE Bedroom Dj competition