Beatport best-selling tracks 2018
And the Beatport best-selling tracks 2018 are…
So, how did it fare for the world’s leading supplier of music to the DJ community (and then some)?
1.3 million tracks were uploaded to the platform in 2018, with more than one track sold every 2 seconds and approximately 6545 years of track previews streamed- that’s a lot of track!
As we enter a new year, it’s time to reflect on what was and so Beatport reveals its best-sellers, compiled across each genre and in an overall Top 100, highlighting the artists, labels and trends that dominated the year.
Techno defended its title at the top, with Tech House at number 2 and House at 3.
Tracks and labels
‘Losing It’, the breakout Tech House anthem from Australian DJ/producer Fisher, was the highest-selling track of 2018, released on Fisher’s new label Catch & Release.
The No. 2 and No. 3 best sellers were also Tech House: CamelPhat ’s remix of the Fatboy Slim classic ‘Right Here, Right Now’ on Toolroom, followed by Andrew Meller’ s ‘Reincarnation Mix’ of another seminal hit, Underworld ’s ‘Born Slippy’, on Glasgow Underground.
Toolroom was 2018’s top-selling label, with five tracks in the Top 100 Best Sellers. Other labels with multiple entries in the Top 100 include Drumcode, Defected, Diynamic and Cocoon Recordings.
2018’s Top 100 Best Sellers at a glance:
- Fisher – ‘Losing It’ [Catch & Release]
- Fatboy Slim – ‘Right Here, Right Now’ (CamelPhat remix) [Toolroom]
- Andrew Meller – ‘Born Slippy’ (Reincarnation Mix) [Glasgow Underground]
- Adam Beyer & Bart Skils – ‘Your Mind’ [Drumcode]
- Energy 52 – ‘Cafe Del Mar’ (Tale Of Us remix) [Renaissance Records]
- DJ Koze – ‘Pick Up’ (12” Extended Disco Version) [Pampa Records]
- Flashmob – ‘The Lone Brazilian’ [Hot Creations]
- Dom Dolla – ‘Take It’ [Sweat It Out]
- Au/Ra & CamelPhat – ‘Panic Room’ [RCA Records]
- Andrew Meller – ‘Insomnia’ [Glasgow Underground]
See the complete Beatport best-selling tracks 2018 here.