African Stars join Breathe Sunshine African Music Conference
Momentum is building as some big South African stars were announced as participants at this year’s annual Breathe Sunshine African Music Conference
These African stars recently added to the list include high profile names such as AKA, Jack Parow and Jeremy Loops.
Other’s announced previously include DJ Mizz, Mike from P.H.fat, Felix Laband, Ready D, Charles Webster, Shane Cooper (Card On Spokes), Ready D, Ben Peters (GoodLuck), Sibot, Mr Sakitumi, Youngsta, Dean Fuel, Craig de Sousa, Erefaan Pearce and Dilo Xclusiv.
Aside from this strong predominantly African artist contingent the impressive industry line-up of delegates is an interesting list too;
This includes Leigh Morgan (Head of International Trade Marketing -Believe Digital France / UK), Kazim Rashid (Marketing Manager for Warp Records UK), Benza (AKA and Zonke’s manager), Sipho Sithole (Native Rhythms / Moshito), Phat Joe (Metro FM), Shaun Duvet (Ultra / Anything Goes, Coco), Damon Forbes (Breakout Agency) and Nomndeni Mdakhi (Edits Communication / Kalawa Jazmee) and many more.
This year the conference will see about 60+ participants from across the country and Africa at large, and is set to be the biggest event yet.
Knowledge and fun together
Apart from knowledge and insight the conference aims to ensure its participants have as much fun as possible with pool side lunch time showcases, evening networking party sessions and with the Breathe Sunshine African Music Conference being part of Cape Town Music Week and two days before Rocking the Daises this seems to be the perfect backdrop for an inspiring week.
We have worked hard this year to make the conference as fun and engaging as possible. We want people to share knowledge and network as much as possible and get the business side locked but our industry is also very much about networking and a lot of relationships are often cemented in a social setting.” says conference co-director Trenton Birch
Schedule for the Breathe Sunshine African Music Conference
- Art of Business & Music Partnerships – Presented by BASA
- Brand Music Strategy
- Streaming – Understanding the new revenue models for the digital music industry – presented by IDM Mag.com
- Short and Sweet Music Video Awards – Meet the Directors
- American Accents in our Music and Media
- The State of the Cape Town Music Industry
- Digital distribution, streaming vs. downloading and how the industry is shifting – Leigh Morgan (France / UK) presented by French Institute
- Empower Your Art Workshops powered by SAE Institute
- Emerging Promoters and Artist – presented by British Council/ Connect ZA partnership
- Refining and Developing Your Artist Brand and Image
- Meet the Makers
- Felix Laband
- Ben Peters (GoodLuck)
- Shane Cooper
- DJ Mizz
- Creative Strategies for Electronic Music Producers – presented by Ableton
- Bridges for Music DJ Workshop – presented by Pioneer DJ and facilitated by Scratch Lab
- Producer Workshop – African Dance Music Technology presented by Charles Webster
- Technical Workshop – presented by Paul Bothner Music and Roland South Africa
For more information on the event website
- Date: 30 September – 1 October 2015
- Time: 9am – late
- Venue: Protea Hotel Fire & Ice, New Church Street, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town
- Ticket prices:
- 2 day BSAMC ticket – R150
- 1 day BSAMC ticket – R80
- BSAMC and Rocking the Daisies Combo tickets also available at R400 for industry and artists only
WITH BREATHE SUNSHINE AFRICAN MUSIC CONFERENCE