About last night Part 1: a look into the blurred world of partying
Have you ever woken up after a night’s drinking with shivers running down your spine and your heart thumping as you anxiously ponder the events that transpired the previous evening?
And as the day goes on and your hangover continues to oscillate between unbearable and totally fine your mind starts filling in those dreaded blanks you simultaneously wish you could illuminate and discard forever.
Well, you’re not alone.
Welcome to the rickety rickety wrecked world of drinking, partying, and drugs and what goes on behind the veil of intoxication.
In the spirit of the (fast) approaching festive season, I thought I’d share the results of a recent survey and the good, the bad and the ugly regarding their most reckless nights out on the town.
It was a small survey pool, but the results seem universal.
An eventful night out
Top 5 events with the most reckless behaviour:
- 42% Concert
- 27% Festival
- 17% Football game
- 11% Other live event
Naturally, most people aren’t getting rowdy in their living rooms (except for an afterparty maybe).
Events bringing like-minded people together tends to get the drinks flowing and the party popping- like concerts or sports games.
So, what are the most common party behaviours?
Here are the top 25.
- 73% Having unprotected sex
- 72% Sleeping somewhere that isn’t a bed
- 65% Smoking marijuana
- 62% Urinating/defecating in public
- 60% Day drinking
- 53% Showing up to work hungover
- 52% Public intoxication
- 50% Drinking in a car
- 50% Vomiting in public
- 48% Riding with a drunk driver
- 47% Smoking marijuana in a car
- 47% Getting blackout drunk
- 46% Showing up to an event high or drunk
- 44% Bumming a cigarette while drunk
- 42% Engaging in sexual activity in public
- 41% Being at a party where the police show up
- 41% Sexual activity with a stranger
- 40% Getting in a public verbal altercation
- 37% Driving drunk
- 36% Skinny-dipping
- 36% Breaking something while intoxicated
- 34% Sneaking intoxicants into an event
- 34% Accidentally hurting yourself while intoxicated
- 29% Showing up to work high or drunk
- 28% Using intoxicants at an event you shouldn’t
How many of these activities about last night (or ever) can you tick off?
Tune in next week to see about last night and the reckless behaviour by gender.