We grab 5 minutes with some of our favourite DJ’s & ARTISTS and ask them… Well… Just about anything we feel like!
1. Running a marathon for charity is not…
2. Rhinos are meant to be…
Admired not hunted.
3. Starting your day at 2 AM in order to do a radio show that starts at 3 AM is a lot like…
Starting a classic Jaguar. It takes a little while to warm up and get the engine turning, but once it gets going you point to your friends and say “Wow, look at that”.
4. Your three favourite club tunes to spin at the moment?
A mashup of Avicii’s, Levels and Gotye’s Somebody That I Used To Know; Florence and The Machine – Spectrum (Calvin Harris Remix); Cosmic Gate and J’Something – Over the Rainbow.
5. What is your favourite post work out snack?
Organic dried mango
6. Talk shows exist in order to…
Inform and engage people that want more from radio than music and entertainment.
7. One thing most South Africans don’t know about 5FM is that…
It’s the best station to work for. Not everyone knows that. 5FM has an amazing team of people working behind the scenes that no one knows about.
8. What is your definition of success?
Reaching your own goals and being happy.
9. Our preferences keep changing as we evolve. What is your biggest love and loathe at the moment?
I have discovered that I love ridiculously artistic high heel shoes, sadly they’re mainly available overseas. I loathe rude people, but that’s been consistent since I was a teen.
10. Being South African and Portuguese means never having to…
11. What is the one dish you know how to cook well?
Um… do eggs count? I can make a mean omelette, scrambled and poached egg for you. Anything else and you’re taking your life in your hands.
12. What was one of your favourite tech products that you reviewed on GirlGuides.co.za?
Definitely the Kindle Touch 3G.
13. If we categorised the sound and style of the music you play in your DJ sets, it would be…
Commercial house with an electro/ progressive sound.
14. What was working with talk show host Noeleen like?
It’s always cool working on TV. Noeleen has been doing it for so long, she’s amazing to watch. While she’s talking she has producers talking to her in her earpiece. It’s tough to talk about one thing and receive instructions at the same time. I love watching how it all comes together. She’s pretty cool off camera. We often compare shoes between links.
15. What do you like to do when no one’s watching?
16. If you lived in a fantasy cartoon world where all the characters were DJs, your catch phrase would be…
“You want more, I’ll give you more.”
17. A… strong sense of self confidence …is what makes a man very attractive.
18. You were… Deputy Head Girl …in High School.
19. You love it most when…
A plan comes together.
20. The worst piece of advice someone’s ever tried to convince you of is…
To get a “stable” job
21. What is the one promise you keep making to yourself that you always break?
To finish my tattoo.
22. Jo’burg girls are…
23. If you were an MC, what would your aka name be?
24.What do you never leave home without?
25. The South African music industry needs more…