Monique Pascall is a Techno, Tech House and Chill Out DJ as well as a VJ artist. She is the South African Cleopatra of dirty progressive Techno with the smoothest rolling bass lines. Ask anyone, crowds adore her. A regular on all major music festival line-ups, Monique’s energy emits a genuine love and passion for life and music. She’s a busy lady but we managed to pin her down for 5 mins… Literally!
1. If you could be any animal (other than human) what do you think you’d be?
2. Your most common expression is…
Live and let live.
3. What do you think is the most over rated virtue?
The one you have to keep telling people you have.
4. If you were an MC what would your aka name be?
Spliff Star Mo
5. You hate it most when people…
6. What is your latest ‘cool’ purchase?
7. The first thing you thought when you woke up this morning?
Ugh…! Thank goodness I landed on beach sand yesterday.
8. What is the one thing a teacher said to you that has stuck with you?
Never have any regrets.
9. Being beautiful means…
Being comfortable, being yourself.
10. When is it okay to lie?
When you tell yourself that it’s late enough in the day to have some chocolate.
11. What was your part time job in college or high school?
Dog walking/pet sitting
12. One thing you have learnt about yourself recently that has surprised you?
I can still do cartwheels
13. Your definition of Underground Techno is…
Even Underground Techno has grown into a more global and commercial sound due to ease of accessibility, so I don’t really think it’s all that underground any more.
14. What makes a man sexy in your opinion?
Confidence without arrogance
Intelligence without ego
Caring without smothering.
Ambition without obsession
And of course a sense of humour with a nice smile.
15. What is the one thing you think all men should simply stop wearing?
Uber tight or over baggy pants. PLEASE!
16. You often get mistaken for…
Somebody else’s girlfriend
17. The best thing someone has ever come up to you and said at a gig?
I can’t say it’s the best thing, but the most recent thing I can remember was some guy recently proposing to me while I was busy playing. He asked me if I could be his wife and play music for him everyday and he’ll take care of the dinner and diamonds.
18. Being a DJ in today’s society is like…
Making toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches.
19. The one song on your iPod that would surprise friends…
Gotye – Smoke and Mirrors
20. Your most treasured possession is…
My Mac, it provides many hours of audio and visual.
21. You take approximately how long to get ready in the morning?
It really depends what time I get to bed, about forty minutes.
22. What one item is always in your fridge?
Lemons / Lemon Juice – It goes with nearly everything.
23. The South African Dance scene needs more…
Bass & Visual stimulation?! Quality produced experiential events where people get real value for their time & money. There are a couple of people making a big difference already, much respect to you guys!