1. If you could be any super hero character, you would definitely be…
I would be the Invisible Girl from the Incredible 4.
2. Your worst habit is…
Biting my nails
3. What do you think is the most overrated virtue?
4. If you were an MC what would your aka name be?
5. You enjoy it most when people…
Laugh really loudly
6. Your favourite thing to do when you know nobody’s watching…
Dance like Beyonce, well I try to!
7. The first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning?
8. What is the best single piece of advice your parents gave you that has never left you?
Knowledge is power; gain as much knowledge as you can!
9. What was your part time job while you were in high school/ at college?
I used to iron my neighbour’s laundry and on weekends I was a cellphone promoter.
10. You take approximately how long to get ready in the morning?
11. One thing you have learned about yourself recently that has surprised you?
I’m stronger than I thought.
12. In two words describe the experience of being part of the Soul Candi family.
13. Your definition of House is…
14. What makes a man sexy in your opinion?
Smile, laugh, a mad sense of humour and a pair of strong legs and arms!
15. What is the best thing about being a female vocalist in the House music scene?
I have the freedom to express myself and sing about anything, to groovy beats.
16. Being natural means…
17. What has been your most absolute favourite studio time memory?
Recording with international Pasta Boys; they speak very little English, we were doing a song trying our best to understand each other. Eventually we used the music to make sense of things. The end product was a great track!
18. Going to war means?
Letting innocent people suffer for nothing
19. Your biggest regret purchase ever?
A pair of Jimmy Choo heels. I can’t walk in them! They’re beautiful but all I can do is stare at them.
20. Being a singer in modern society is all about…
21. The one song on your iPod that would surprise friends if they found it while scrolling through your playlist?
Zombie, by some band.
22. Being the first lady of Soul Candi is like…
23. Performing live is all about…
Living your Dream
24. What should the rest of SA know about Joburg House music?
It’s progressive, dynamic and just when you think you know what’s hot, we come up with something else.
25. The South African Dance scene needs more…
Real creativity, real African elements and real talent.