We grab 5 minutes with some of our favourite DJ’s and ask them… Well… Just about anything we feel like!!!
Young and gifted twenty one year old Zulu Boy Culolethu Zulu also known by his DJ name as Culoe De Song is signed under Black Coffee’s label Soulistic Music. He has been producing and DJ’ing his specialized version of World House music since 2007. His effect has taken the SA Dance scene by storm as he continues to grow his brand of epic African House with that unique touch that you haven’t quite heard before. If you are a fan you will know and love him for his contribution to the track Have Another One off Black Coffee’s second album. One of his own first releases 100 Zulu Warriors carries a distinct and fundamental importance for Culoe De Song with the song being a reflection of who he is and where he came from – a talented artist extraordinaire from Kwazulu Natal. He considers this track as the beginning part of the story regarding his impact on South African Music.
Culoe gave us 5 minutes of his time over a quick Facebook chat…
1. Going to war means…
Fighting, reason or no reason, it’s a fight.
2. Happiness is…
Comfort of the spirit in the space of reality.
3. What do you appreciate most about your friends?
Love & craziness!!! I have the best friends in the world!!!
4. If you were a Hip Hop MC what would your aka name be?
5. Assuming reincarnation exists, what animal do you think you could have been in a past life?
6. The first thing you said when you woke up this morning?
“Wow I only slept 3 hours.”
7. I never leave home without my…
8. What is the one thing you were told as a kid that has always stuck with you?
“Good night prayer” in the name of the father and the holy spirit, god bless our night.
9. The one talent you’d never openly admit to having is…
Doing domestic work myself.
10. Your favourite world history character?
11. One thing that always irritates you is….
Ego driven attitude.
12. Seduction is being able to…
Make your way into getting what you want.
13. Beer, Whisky or Wine?
14. What’s your favourite meal?
I really like curry & rice.
15. Dream place to live would be…
16. If I wasn’t a DJ I would get my kicks from…
17. Any phobias or Pre-DJ rituals to calm yourself down before a set?
Breath & smile.
18. Ever taken advantage of a groupie or fan just because you could?
Going back to the seduction case, maybe I have.
19. The last time you deejayed a fan came up to you and said…
You’re the best.
20. What feature impresses you most about a woman?
They are great in acting, action and obvious in reaction.
21. The Word that describes me best is…
22. When I’m not rocking to Dance music I like…
Hip hop and world music
23. Your Favourite Restaurant?
The Grill House
24. Your favourite international DJ/ Producers…
My favourite producers are Osunlade, Kanye West, Dr Dre, Charles Webster and Carl Craig.
25. The best thing about being a DJ in South Africa is…
You feel the people through the music… This country has a lot to tell.
Check him out on Facebook