Echo Gathering 2019 – a psychedelic long weekend awaits (Win Tickets)
Echo Gathering 2019 – Valley of Spirits – should be on your to-do list this season!
Ah, the Garden Route. This well-famed coastal oasis is one of SA’s most famous tourist attractions, and with reason.
From its unspoiled coastline, lush greenery, or majestic mountain ranges, the Garden Route is truly the best getaway destination and immersion into nature- and it hosts killer parties as well.
One such party is Echo Gathering and come 26 April they are hosting an intimate-yet-commanding celebration at the De Hoek Mountain Resort nestled in the sprawling Swartberg Mountain Range.
For Capetonians and PEans the trek is 4 hours whereas Garden Routers and surrounding area’s inhabitants the journey is between 1 and 1.5 hours long.
Is it WORTH it?
To answer my own question, a thousand times YES!
Let’s be honest, the only factor you’re apprehensive about is the distance but need I remind you most psy-trance parties are fairly far, yet we do it a few times a month.
Here are 5 reasons to get your boogying butt to Echo Gathering – Valley Of Spirits:
- The venue includes lush camping with braai areas, lit walk ways, loads of shade, over 20 hot and cold showers, 24-hour cleaning, plenty ablutions and 2 massive pools (In the MOUNTAINS).
- It boasts an extremely diverse line-up comprised of over 30 outstanding artists blasting an array of sub-genres on the psy-trance spectrum (minimal to hi tech)
- Super value for money; ticket pricing is at an irie R420 for a full weekend pass (R200 for a Sunday Funday)
- It’s an intimate Gathering with the friendliest people: If you’ve ever said “Cape Town parties are too commercial and overcrowded” this is the party you’re looking for.
- It’s the 8th Echo and its still INCIDENT FREE- think about that for a second.
Speaking of Echo’s aim, event owner Daniel Mentz said:
“Echo has never been about hosting the biggest, most insane party. The Echo team prefers a smaller, far more intimate gathering. Where instead of leaving a big party, one would leave with more rooms in their heart and with a whole big family and tribe of like-minded, connected people. An event to build relationships and feel as one with a common culture and loving community.”
Lastly, IDM is running a competition for you to win tickets to this gathering, so there are no excuses to miss this.
So, pack your car with mates, split petty and go on an epic adventure you’ll be talking about for years to come.
See you at Echo Gathering 2019 – Valley Of Spirits; it’s going to be a BLAST!