We grab 5 minutes with some of our favourite DJ’s and ask them… Well… Just about anything we feel like!!!
We tracked down Vanessa half way across the world on her tour to India where she was evidently having loads of fun. One half of the Digital Divas (we featured Margaret, her partner, in Sept) Vanessa completes the DJing duo, two sexy, savvy ladies who may (or may not) miss a beat behind the decks but certainly don’t miss a beat when it comes to flaunting it and being real brand ambassadors for their sponsors. Here is the rest of the Digital Diva story…. in 5 minutes.
1. If I wasn’t a DJ I would get my kicks from….
2. The last time I deejayed this guy came up to me and said….
Can you play some Abba!
3. Ever been so wasted while DJ’ing that you can’t remember? If so why? If not… why the hell not?
Hell Yes!! I was in London went to a boat party down the river Thames, got elegantly wasted and had to play Turn mills straight after. My whole set I felt like I was still on the boat!
4. Is God really a DJ????
I suppose God can be anything you want him to be. I bet you the angels are dancing to his beats as we speak.
5. The first thing I look for when I wake up is….
My Blackberry and usually hitting the snooze button.
6. Ever got to a gig without your latest tunes or with the wrong bag of tunes?
No I’m always well prepared for all my sets. Only problem I have experienced was when I rocked up to a gig with vinyls and they only had CDJ’s… epic fail!
7. Have you ever refused to play due to dodgy equipment or a badly organised event?
Yes, especially if your technical rider was written in the signed contract.
8. Don’t you just hate people who stand in the front of the dancefloor but don’t dance?
To be honest never had someone just standing but if I did I think I would send them for some dancing lessons!
9. What word describes you best?
Can I choose a couple of words? Spontaneous, romantic, honest and full of life!
10. Should DJ’s dress the part like rock stars do, or better to blend in with all the punters?
I just say dress how you want to dress! But, although it’s all about the music, I do feel creating an image is important.
11. Favourite restaurant?
Tasha’s in Morningside Sandton
12. Summer means….
Tequila, music, beach, love, sun tanning, magical wild nights, Mojitos, dancing, kissing and laughing!
And finally…. we asked our Facebook members to hit us with some questions. Here are a couple from Kobus Otto (well loosely based on his question) and Bizarro Jerri respectively…
13. You have to play a set with no music later than the 70’s. Name the top 4 tracks you’d make sure you had with you and why…
Hotel California – The Eagles (My Dad always use to play this track for me..childhood memories)
Another Brick in the Wall – Pink Floyd (Who doesn’t like this track.. loved singing this track out LOUD)
Stayin’ Alive – The Bee Gees (Still love this track)
No Woman No Cry – Bob Marley (Legend)
14. Is it true that DJ’s make the sound “wiki wiki” in their sleep?
Did someone mention sleep….I LOVE sleeping! Mmmm I think I purrrrrrr and wiki wiki in my sleep…