Zoom ARQ – drum machine, sequencer, wireless controller
The Zoom ARQ is one of the more esoteric pieces of year to be shown of at NAMM2016 this year.
Unfortunately the odds of the Zoom ARQ being an industry standard are pretty slim since history has proven that DJ tech that drifts too far from the norm seldom gets adopted en masse.
Nonetheless we think the Zoom ARQ is pretty darn rad.
In a nutshell the Zoom ARQ is a drum machine, synthesizer, step sequencer, a looper, sequencer and also a wireless Bluetooth controller.
It reminds us just a little of the Numark Orbit, although Numark’s wireless controller is just that… simply a wireless controller. The ARQ is clearly much more. Read on…
The Zoom ARQ Aero RhythmTrak lets you make an entire track with a unique interface.
Here’s the features list for the Zoom ARQ.
But best to watch the various videos below. They explain this complex little unit pretty well.
- Drum machine, sequencer, synthesizer, looper, clip launcher, MIDI controller
- Two part system: Base Station (internal mode) and Bluetooth LE detachable Ring Controller
- Includes 468 PCM drum sounds, 70 one-shot sounds, and dozens of digital effects
- Ring Controller has 96 velocity/pressure-sensitive pads (the pads are on the top, sides, and bottom of the ring) and 160 programmable colour LEDs
- 3-axis accelerometer lets you tweak effects parameters and send MIDI control messages (sound familiar?)
- No software required – the ring controller can send MIDI out, but the idea is to produce and play entirely within the unit
- Programmable synthesizer engine lets you create entirely new sounds
Zoom ARQ Home Page