Roland DJ-808 – Roland first DJ Controller
The much anticipated partnership between Roland and Serato to introduce their first proper DJ dedicated piece of gear is here…. And it’s the Roland DJ-808 DJ controller.
The Roland DJ-808 is a professional 4-channel DJ controller with built-in drum sequencing, vocal processing, external instrument connectivity and deep Serato DJ integration.
The DJ-808 was developed in close collaboration between Serato and Roland so you can expect seamless control and as they say – deep use of everything that Serato DJ offers.
But the big selling point, aside from the fact that one can expect a quality piece of tech, has to be that the Roland DJ-808 offers the integration of a drum machine which will open up new ways to be unique behind the decks, far beyond segueing 2 or 4 tracks together.
The creative possibilities that the Roland DJ-808 could offer are unique and should certainly pique the interests of producers who play love sets too, as this controller will enable one to choose which ‘Live’ tracks to play when (as opposed to a pre-made mix) and then also improvise over that with the awesome drum machine.
Roland says that the DJ-808 also offers advanced hardware integration, again making this an appealing proposition for ‘Live’ performers.
Roland DJ-808 Features
- Integrated TR-S drum machine offering the iconic 606, 707, 808 and 909 drum sounds in a 16-step sequencer, which can also trigger the newly improved 8-slot Serato DJ Sampler.
- RGB coloured performance pads give performers and DJs control for all the usual Serato DJ features such as Hot Cues, Loop Roll, Slicer, Sampler as well as TR Pad Mode for the drum machine and Pitch Play.
- The unique Roland VT Voice Transformer is something new for Serato DJs, offering a number of powerful effects including pitch shifting and vocal key matching to playing tracks via the Auto Pitch feature.
- Two AIRA link USB ports offering seamless connection with Roland synths and instruments. This offers a huge range of creative possibilities for live performance rigs, remixing and music production.
- Control for all of the professional level Serato DJ features such as Serato Flip, Pitch ‘n Time DJ Key Shifting and Sync, Looping and all library and play controls.
- Serato DJ Enabled – no extra license required. Also includes a license for Pitch ‘n Time DJ.
- Purchase the DVS Expansion Pack and connect turntables or CDJs.
- 24bit/96kHz audio fidelity
- Dual-deck mode to control two Serato DJ decks simultaneously
- Large range 100mm pitch faders for accurate level control in the mix
- 1/8” and 1/4” headphones jacks, combo XLR input jacks, built-in phono pre-amp, and audiophile sound quality
For more info on when the Roland DJ-808 will be available in South Africa follow Roland Music on Facebook.
Visit the Roland DJ-808 website and watch the videos. Exciting times!!!