PreSonus Faderport 16 boasts an effortless workflow
The new PreSonus FaderPort 16 offers complete tactile control over your favourite DAW’s Mixer, Transport and other MIDI assignable controls.
In the digital world it’s hard to find Studio Gear that sounds and feels like the analogue legends of the past. Many products on the market surf a thin line between good quality and convenience, with the really outstanding options fetching a hefty price tag.
PreSonus has bid to bring the analogue and digital world together with the feel and function of the new FaderPort 16, alongside convenient integration into almost any DAW on the market.
The new FaderPort offers 16 touch-sensitive motorized faders for precise control over your mixdown. It features solo and mute functions alongside a large array of MIDI assignable parameters. It’s designed to be easy to use and the best part is that it is plug and play, without any extra driver installation required.
You would expect all these features to come at a cost, however the PreSonus FaderPort 16 enters the market at a reasonable price-point.
There’s a small drawback…
The FaderPort 16 is plug and play with virtually any DAW, although to get full seamless integration, it is best used alongside the PreSonus Studio One software which is included in the package.
That being said, PreSonus Studio One is fantastic software, so if you are looking for this type of tactile integration this is definitely a winner!
Some of the features:
- 16 touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw, motorized faders
- 16 Scribble Strip displays
- Complete recording-transport controls: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop
- Drop Marker, Next/Prev Marker, Next / Prev Event
- General session controls: Undo/Redo, Arm All, Solo/Mute Clear, Track Management, Click On/Off
- Session Navigator provides quick control over Track Scrolling, Channel Banking, Timeline Scrolling, and much more
- Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Optional Fader functionality: Plug-in edit, bus sends, pan
- Mac / Windows compatible with native Studio One support and HUI and Mackie Control Universal emulation
- Footswitch input for hands-free start/stop
- USB 2.0 connectivity
All in all, it’s the producer and mix engineer’s dream.
Whether you’re in a small bedroom setup or large professional studio, your workflow can definitely benefit from the tight integration of the FaderPort 16.
PreSonus products are distributed via Tuerk Music in South Africa, to find your nearest dealer visit their website.
Expect to pay: R 12,000 (estimate)