Remixlive adds finger drumming, pattern recording & more
Remixlive 3.0 for iOS has some pretty cool new updates to add to the fun factor on this awesome iPad and iPhone music app.
Mixvibes have added an extra finger-drumming grid as well as an intuitive loop-based sequencer.
So now you can pay Remixlive like an instrument, you can record patterns and then create unique drum beats and melodies with just a couple of taps on the screen.
The evolution of Remixlive see the app become a pretty cool iPad instrument as it can be played one note at a time to create original rhythmic and melodic sequences.
You can the use loops as an accompaniment and then jam some expressive finger-drumming rips over the top using the grid.
But it gets better…
You can use the loop-based sequencer to record sounds and build patterns with overdub.
Get those live jams down on record!!!
The new full-screen waveform lets you touch the sound and accurately edit the samples length, BPM and ADSR. Once edited, sounds imported from the library or recorded with the microphone become the seed of new compositions.
The built-in sampler really transforms Remixlive into a cool piece of music production software, especially if inspiration grabs you at unexpected times.
The app has also undergone some visual enhancements to make it even easier to navigate.
The creative workflow has also been improved, and the top bar now provides a shortcut for recording patterns and capturing external sounds. This latest in a long series of improvements helps make Remixlive an instrument of choice for iOS musical endeavors.
FULL FEATURE LIST
- Finger drumming mode
- Brand new “Drum” grid with percussion and note samples.
- Record patterns thanks to a loop-based sequencer — with overdub.
- Link (grouped) & Shock (exclusive) triggering of samples.
- Route each pad to a mixer line — with its associated colour.
- Control everything in real time
- Tap Tempo and Live BPM control — with time-stretch.
- Play in sync with any Ableton Link-compatible app.
- 6 live-controllable FX (Delay, Filter, Flanger, Reverb, etc.).
- 6 Beat repeat pads from 1/16th to 2 bars.
- Complete remix toolbox
- Mixer: EQs, levels, filters & Mute/Solo on each channel.
- Sample editor: Gain, Pan, ADSR, Transpose, Reverse & more.
- Record external sounds through the mic.
- Inter-App & Audiobus 3-compatible: share audio between apps.
- Sounds for every taste: 50+ sample packs
- Grid: 24 pads on iPhone, 48 on iPad.
- 96 samples per pack: 48 loops/FX and 48 drum/note samples.
- 50+ sample packs, including artist packs by Carl Cox & DJ Vadim, among others.
- Colored pads: 16 colors to customize your grid.
- Import samples in WAV, MP3, AAC, M4A & AIFF.
- Export & import packs between devices.
- Record your performance in high-quality M4A format.
- Share your recordings via email & SoundCloud.
Pricing and availability
Remixlive for iOS is available for free with In-App Purchases.
New In-App: Full Feature Pack – get 7 features for 9.99€.
Watch this Remixlive video, it is pretty rad: