Maschine Mk3 from Native Instruments is here
Native Instruments have announced the next generation of their popular pad controller and music making DAW system, the Maschine Mk3.
There are a number of new features and enhancements on the new model, with a lot of focus aimed at improved integration with the brand new Komplete Kontrol keyboards also announced.
Both the Maschine Mk3 and the Kontrol keyboards will be available from October 2017.
Aesthetically the new Maschine looks slicker than before; the upgraded LED screens are now high resolution like the Maschine studio series and the matte black buttons give the unit a workmanlike look.
A massive new feature on Maschine Mk3 is the built-in audio interface. This features balanced stereo in and outputs, dedicated microphone input, sustain pedal input and headphones input. Another enhancement is the addition of Touch Strips and they say their pads are more responsive than ever.
A seamless workflow is essential when working with a system like this and thankfully NI have done some work in this area; existing users will be pleased to note that they have virtually done away with all the irritating shift button functions; they’ve achieved this by adding four new pads to the Maschine Mk3, namely pad mode, keyboard, chord mode and step mode. This and the new selection wheel which of a four-way push wheel simplifies the entire process of navigating through menus.
A great new performance feature which comes straight from Maschine Jam is the ability to lock a beat; this allows the user to play with as many effects one wants to and then at a touch of a button witch back to the original beat.
The Maschine Mk3 will retail for $599 (R 9,995 estimate)
Maschine Mk3 Features at a glance
- Integrated hardware/software system includes sampler, arranger, mixer, FX, and more
- 8 GB MASCHINE library with samples, one-shots, sliced loops, sampled instruments, presets, patterns, drum kits, and songs
- Includes 25 GB KOMPLETE 11 SELECT library
- 25 pro-quality studio and creative FX including filter, EQ, delay, reverb, and compressor
- 2 high-resolution RGB colour displays for precision sample slicing, sound tweaking, note editing, mixing, browsing, and more
- The new, integrated audio interface
- 16 large, ultra-sensitive pads make two-handed drumming easy
- Pro-grade, 96kHz / 24-bit audio interface with 2 x ¼” TRS line outputs, 2 x ¼” TRS line inputs, ¼” dynamic mic input, stereo headphone output, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI out, and 1 x Footswitch
- Touch sensitive knobs for parameter tweaking
- Smart Strip for strumming notes, pitch bending sounds, performing with FX, and more
- Four-directional push encoder for browsing, navigating, and adjusting levels and balance
- Powered via USB 2.0 or with the included power supply unit
- Seamless integration with KOMPLETE
- Classic groovebox features including 16 velocity levels, swing, pad link, note repeat, step sequencer, and vintage MPC 60/SP-1200 sampling emulation
- Compatible with all major DAWs (including Ableton Live, Logic Pro, and FL Studio) as a VST or Audio Units plug-in, with full multi-core support