Launch Control XL – Perfect for those with Launchpad and more
The Launch Control XL has just been announced by Novation Music and at first glance this will no doubt be lapped up by existing Launchpad users. Whilst the Launchpad is simply a grid – a damn useful one at that which is pretty cheap, very light and portable with excellent build quality, the Launch Control XL is all knobs, faders and buttons.
The important thing about the Launch Control XL design is that it is laid out just like Ableton’s mixer interface with 24 knobs in three rows of eight. You also get 16 multi-coloured buttons and eight faders all of which integrate seamlessly with Ableton LIVE, although it must be pointed out, every knob, button and fader is re-assignable.
Novation have dubbed it "the ultimate mixer and device controller for Ableton Live".
If the rest of the hugely successful ‘Launch’ series is anything to go by I reckon we have a winner here too..
Compatible with PC and MAC, you get a copy of Ableton Lite and the Launch Control XL can also be used with an iPad, should you decide to invest in a camera connection.
No prices have been announced yet but were’ not expecting anything earth shattering since Novation gear seems to always be pretty reasonable.
Novation Launch Control XL Features List
- Get immediate hands-on control over Ableton Live.
- Tweak your sound using 24 knobs with multi-coloured indicators.
- Get precise control over your levels with eight rugged faders.
- Take it anywhere: it’s tough enough to handle any live situation.
- Create your own control layouts by freely assigning any control to any function in Ableton.
- Plug straight into Mac, PC or iPad and start performing.
- 16 multi-colour buttons for immediate track focus and key mixer controls.
- Includes Ableton Live Lite software and Loopmasters sample collection (1GB).
- Control MIDI-compatible iOS software via Camera Connection Kit.
Distributed through Rockit Distribution in South Africa.
For more info on the Launch Control XL visit the Novation Music Site.