Numark NAMM 2016 – New gear New gear on the way
This Numark NAMM 2016 guide is an overview of all the new products the American DJ tech company showcased at the Californian trade show this year.
The NAMM Show is the world’s largest trade-only event for the music products industry and is held in Anaheim, California every January.
Numark Party Mix
Numark NAMM 2016 saw the Party Mix on show and the unique thing about this controller is that it has three lights on the back of the unit which means that as a DJ you can both spin the tunes and also have a bit of a light show for your dancefloor.
The Party Mix, as expected, is reasonably entry-level with a price point to match but it still boasts a decent feature list such as built-in audio interface, four pads for cue, loop and sample control, scratch mode, two-band EQ per channel and gain controls per channel plus a nice big library browser knob.
But the Party Mix is all about the lights so aside from the 3 lights the pads are also backlit and they pulse in time to the music along with the lights on the back.
The Numark Party Mix comes bundled with Virtual DJ LE. It is the ideal DJ controller for hobbyists and youngsters throwing house parties with their mates.
- Party DJ Control System with audio outputs
- Simple plug and play
- Virtual DJ LE software included
- Built-in light show creates party atmosphere
- Cool effects and multiple pad modes with looping and sampling
- Sync buttons for easy mixing control
- 1⁄4-inch headphone jack to preview for cueing
Numark NAMM2016 also saw the unveiling of their Dashboard standalone screen displays. Originally designed for NS7II users not ready to upgrade to the new NS7III the Numark Dashboard is actually compatible with any Serato DJ user and therefore any DJ controller used to control this software.
For the full details on the Numark Dashboard check out our feature from last week.
The Numark NAMM2016 stand also showed off the new Numark Red Wave Carbon Headphones. As the name suggests this new DJ headset sports a carbon fibre finish and 50 mm neodymium drivers. It’s the company’s pro version of their massively popular Red Wave headphones and they’ve upped the game in terms of comfort and aural delivery. They say the 50mm drivers offer a potent and deep bass and the ear pads are a special breathable protein-leather material, which stay comfortable and cool, with no “sweating,” during extended sessions.
The Red Wave Carbon also includes a custom carrying pouch, cable and adapter.
- High-quality full-range headphones designed for DJs
- Swivel design enables DJs to monitor house audio and cue audition
- Breathable protein-leather padding stays comfortable during extended use
- Large 50mm driver, neo magnet and high-temp voice coil for optimal frequency response
- Detachable headphone cable with 1⁄8″ adapter for use with virtually any DJ gear
- Professional build and modern design matched with superior sound
- Includes carry pouch to protect and store headphones, cable and adapter
Numark CD Mix USB DJ System
The Numark CD Mix USB DJ System is an updated on their popular CD Mix but now with the added feature of dual USB drive slots besides the twin CD players, two-channel mixer with built-in effects, and microphone inputs from the original. Where the latest drive this year seems to be toward DJ controllers that can also function standalone with USB, the CD Mix USB DJ System is unique in that it still serves the CD playing DJ market, so for those with big CD collections who are perhaps slowly moving over to digital libraries, this is a great option.
- Fully self contained DJ System
- Dual USB/CD Players
- Built-in effects
- Mixer with cueing
- 2 Microphone inputs
- Aux input
- Balanced outputs
- Dual 1⁄4-inch and 1/8-inch headphone jacks