Denon DJ Prime Series now fully Serato compatible
Hot on the heels of the announcement that the Denon DJ SC5000 Media Player has had a firmware update which has made the unit cross-compatible with Pioneer DJ’s rekordbox, comes the news that the Denon DJ Prime series is now fully compatible with Serato DJ.
This was mentioned as a ‘coming soon’ feature when the Denon DJ Prime series was first released so it is great to see that they have actually moved reasonably quickly to get this feature to users.
It’s not the kind of enhancement that will get thousands running out and buying a setup, but it certainly makes the SC5000 Prime media player and X1800 prime DJ mixer more appealing for rental companies and along with the rekordbox integration a more versatile option than before.
Being able to connect to Serato simply means a Denon DJ setup in a DJ booth offers more versatility than before.
Serato Controller mode on the Denon DJ Prime
The new Serato Controller mode feature adds a whole extra level of performance capabilities to the Denon DJ SC5000 Media Player.
Personally, I think the unit is amazing without connecting a laptop but for DJs who swear by Serato, this is indeed a boon.
Here’s a list of the Serato controller mode features:
· Controls prime navigation, track-load and playback work flow from a single SC5000 Prime player
· SC5000 onboard HD touchscreen shows Serato track collection, waveform overview and vital DJ data without the need to look at laptop screen
· Controls up to 4 Serato DJ ‘decks’ with just one SC5000 player
· Manipulate loops, rolls and slicer with the onboard performance pads on the SC5000
· X1800 Prime mixer acts as the Serato DJ audio interface and full hardware mixing experience
The only thing that seams missing from this list is any mention of the SC5000 Prime media players being able to be used as audio interfaces like the Pioneer DJ Nexus series does in the event of not having an X1800 mixer.
Other than that, good job Serato and Denon DJ!
Note: You will need Serato DJ 1.9.10 and would also have to purchase the Serato DJ Club Kit license bundle to make use of the controller mode compatibility with the Denon DJ Prime gear, but the same applies to and DVS type setup.