Audiobox 96 Studio in a Box and a computer is all you need
The Presonus Audiobox 96 Studio in a Box is the ideal package to get your music production under way without a hefty outlay of cash.
The package is currently on special for R 3,599 at participating outlets throughout South Africa which is a really sweet deal for everything that is included.
The key ingredients to being able to make dance music at home are;
- A reasonably powerful computer – specs listed below
- A high resolution audio interface
- Nearfield studio monitors
- Digital Audio Workstation software (DAW)
These are the four minimum items required if you are even slightly serious about writing a decent electronic music track.
Whilst this Presonus Audiobox 96 Studio in a Box package does not include a set of nearfield studio monitors it does offer the next best thing; a set of studio headphones.
So, in a nutshell, if you have a half decent computer (check the PC/Mac requirements under the Studio One 3 section below) and you buy this package, you will have what is needed to get cracking on that dancefloor bomb that’s been swimming around in your head for months now.
In fact an added bonus with the Presonus Audiobox 96 Studio in a Box deal is the inclusion of a studio microphone PLUS Presonus’ newly announced Studio Magic Plug-in Suite which is a software bundle that includes seven popular plug-ins in VST, AU, and AAX formats.
Bottom line; you can literally buy this package off the shelf, go home, install the software and start making music.
Here’s a brief breakdown of what you get with the Audiobox 96 Studio in a Box package…
Studio One 3 Artist
Studio One 3 Artist is designed for the home studio user with a basic setup who wants to create music ‘inside the box;’ i.e. with a computer, software and little else.
Studio One has received widespread praise for its simplicity as a DAW and with features such as a drag and drop interface, excellent sound quality and professional features.
- Elegant single-window work environment with powerful drag-and-drop functionality and multi-touch support
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- NEW Presence XT expandable sampler with essential sound library
- NEW Mai Tai polyphonic, analog modeling synth with character morphing, modulation matrix, and zero-delay feedback filters
- Native Fat Channel plug-in from StudioLive AI mixers includes low-pass filter, gate, compressor, parametric EQ, and limiter
For more on Studio One 3 Artist click here.
The Audiobox 96 is a high definition USB 2.0 external audio interface. It delivers 24-bit, 96 kHz audio and sports conventional MIDI in/out, balanced audio out (jack) and a headphone jack.
On the front panel there are 2 dual-purpose input channels, each with high-quality mic preamplifiers as well as balanced line inputs for instruments such as keyboards, synthesizers etc.
The Mixer control section allows one to blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring. In other words you can record a vocalist and control what you hear in the booth.
- 2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels, each with high-quality mic preamplifiers
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring)
- Headphone jack with level control
- Main-output level control
- LED clip indicator for each channel
For more on the Audiobox 96 click here.
M7 Studio Microphone and HD7 Studio headphones
The M7 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone. Condenser mics are fairly indestructible and extremely versatile. Large diaphragm ones usually produce and warm sound and can be used for vocals and instruments.
The Presonus HD7 are high definition headphones and make use of their proprietary semi-open sound chamber which is able to deliver exceptionally low frequencies, yet still retain their punch. These are NOT DJ headphones; they are designed to deliver as accurate a presentation as possible in a lightweight, ergonomically designed package.
For more on the HD7 click here.
Studio Magic Plugin Suite
The Studio Magic plugins is a ‘sweet deal’, (excuse the pun) package that will add extra creativity options to your Studio One 3 Artist DAW.
What you get are seven new plugins all of which will come in very handy when writing your next big hit.
It’s an awesome addon production kit and includes; SPL Attacker, Mäag Audio EQ2, Lexicon’s MPX-i Reverb, Eventide H910 Harmonizer, Eventide Stereo Room, Brainworx bx_opto compressor and the Arturia Analog Lab Lite —classic analog synths, organs, string machines, and pianos from Arturia’s V-Collection of virtual instruments.
The Studio Magic Plugin Suite pretty much delivers a bunch of high-grade effects and an awesome selection of instruments to add to the existing plugins that come with Studio One Artist.
Here are the computer requirements for the Audiobox 96 Studio in a Box package.
- Mac®OS X 10.7.2 or later
- Intel®Core™ Duo processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or Core i3 or better recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- Windows 7x 64/x86 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 x64/x86 or Windows 10 x64/x86
- Intel Core 2 processor (Intel Core i3 processor or better recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
Mac and Windows systems
- Internet connection (not required on machine where Studio One is installed but needed for activation)
- DVD-ROM drive
- Monitor with 1280×768 resolution
- 20 GB hard-drive space
To find out where to buy this special Audiobox 96 offer contact the Presonus agents for South Africa, Tuerk Music Technologies.